innovative individual beautiful

. . .



Friday, September 17, 2010

This Saturday's Mercury Magazine article 'the two of us' starring ashlee & t.j.


Caring for stray and surrendered dogs is a normal day for me at The Hobart Dogs Home. While working here, I can see more than 20 dogs come through our doors in just one day. Many go back to their owners because they are simply lost, but the others are kept here and hopefully re-homed to new families. The day this 9 month old puppy was surrendered I could tell straight away he was one of a kind.


He soon showed all of us what a lovely gentle nature he had, and I could tell he was really intelligent. I was spellbound by his eyes, and thought he was a bit of a clown bouncing around on his long springy legs. However, months went by and nobody showed any interest in him at all.

I’d already told my mother I’d fallen in love with TJ and that I felt I was ready for another companion after just losing my best mate Tyson. So after 6 months of careful conversation, I finally told her that we should adopt him. Lucky for us all, she agreed!

TJ settled in immediately, like he’s always been here. Besides the unique look about him, the thing I love the most is the way he can make me laugh by just being himself. He’s always got something to say, and can be really cheeky. He’s like a cat in some ways, I often get a swipe to my head when we’re playing.


Some people may say he looks scary but to me he is one of the most gentle, loving dogs I have ever met. By adopting TJ, I’ve given an unwanted dog a new home, but in return, I’ve gained a friend for life and endless love and affection.

Ashlee Jackson, 20, animal attendant from Rokeby with TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment